Events & News
July 11th; Noon to 3pm; Adults $10, Children $5
We will have a bounce house and face painting. Refreshments include popcorn, Hoodsies and water. Prizes.
The schedule of games:
12-12:20: Hula hoop contests
12:20-12:40: Water balloon toss
12:40-1:00: Ring toss
1:00-1:20: Grain bag race
1:20-1:40: Scarecrow run
1:40-2:00: Egg and spoon race
2:00-2:20: Musical straw bales
2:20-2:40: Corral cake walk
Saturday Evening Barn Tours
Winslow Farm will now be open Saturday evenings for barn tours. Join us and visit the horses resting in their barns with goats munching on their hay. Visitors may peek at llamas and watch sheep sleeping after their evening hay.
Walk among the alpacas and enjoy the tranquility of their evening rest. We feel adults and children will walk away with a peaceful experience by surrounding themselves with sounds of wild birds, spring peepers and the chattering of our animals.
This will be casual and visitors will respect their resting time. Children's hands will be held and they will need to use their quiet voices.
As an added activity, a family may quietly groom, massage and walk a miniature donkey for $10.00 per family.
Winslow Farm has been a useful backdrop in inspiring a few of our volunteers, Dan Fiske, Jill Elizabeth and Brittaney, in forming a musical called, "The Constellations." The Constellations perform a combination of xylophone, drums, keyboard and spoken poetic word. The musical compositions and words are created by Daniel Fiske and focus on a myriad of topics ranging from hopes and dreams to paying respect to people and places. The music is a slow yet flowing genre, with the goal of letting you find a connection with their music. Come, enjoy the music and help to support our "stars."
Our June and July Schedule:
June 20, 28; July 5, 11, 18; 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Popcorn and Refreshments
Barn Tours Admission: $$ Donation
Donkey Grooming: $10.00
REGULAR WINSLOW FARM EVENTS INCLUDE:
Easter Egg Hunt
The Winslow Nature Trail holds hidden Easter treasures just waiting to be found.
The Winslow Farm sheep are sheared in the spring. The time and date vary. Check here or on our Facebook page for updates.
Kid's Day includes prizes, a bounce house, kids' games and more.
The Music Festival is an annual event that includes a variety of regional performers and musicians, from a diverse set of musical genres. Each year a different group of artists come to share their talents with the animals and us! This is a great event for couples and families. Check here or on our Facebook page for updates.
Ancient Egyptian New Year
This event celebrates the New Year celebration of ancient Egypt. There are plays and events that explain this ancient tradition, and what it was like to live in their culture.
October is full of tricks and treats, including kid friendly trails.
The cost of a birthday party is $225.00 for up to 12 children and 5 adults, all other adults are $10 each. Parties are usually scheduled from 1:00pm to 3:30pm, with some flexibility. The $225.00 fee is tax-deductible, as we consider this a donation to the sanctuary. Our parties include picnic tables in one of our 2 playgrounds and a guided tour of the farm, where the children can interact with the animals as well as hear the stories of how they came to be at Winslow Farm. You are responsible for paper goods, drinks, cake and any other food and/or party supplies. Please email us at email@example.com for information and booking.
Winslow Farm Summer Program
Winslow Farm Summer Program: Come join us for a week of fun learning all about the animals at Winslow Farm! A week of fun learning about all the animals on the farm. The week will consist of activities such as: story time, craft time, visiting and learning about the animals, nature walks, play ground and snack time (please bring your own snacks). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or to register. When: July 27-July 31 From: 9:00-12:00 Ages: 5-8 Cost: $100/week (all proceeds go to Winslow Farm)
exclusively to take place on location at Winslow Farm this summer! Half the session fee will be donated to Winslow Farm. Sessions are limited so don’t hesitate to book your session now. Bookings are made through Sheepish Grin at either 508.838.5534 or email@example.com.
• The Third Annual Egyptian New Year Celebration is a great success! Thanks to everyone who participated and attended. This was our best year yet! There are lots of photos and some videos available on our Facebook page! There are also links to the videos on our Media page.
• Paige Allen of The Sun Chronicle wrote a feature article on Winslow Farm's newest arrival, three mini donkeys. The article can be seen here or on our Media page. Thank you Paige!
• Debra White of Winslow Farm is interviewed in a feature article by Spirit of Change Magazine. The article can be seen on our Media page.
• The First Annual Winslow Farm Music Festival Benefit was a great success! Thank you to all the performers who shared their wonderful talents with us, and all of you who participated in the event! A really great day of music and song!
• Winslow Farm is one of Massachusetts's 1000 places to visit!
• Horse manure compost for gardens is now available for pick up on Sundays from 10am to 4pm. It is $10.00 per truck load. We can load it onto your vehicle using our John Deere.
• Winslow Farm has qualified for the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries.
© Copyright 2015 Winslow Farm Animal Sanctuary, all rights reserved | 37 Eddy Street, Norton, MA 02766 | 508-285-6451